I want to make changes.
But I am resistant.
I want my husband to make changes.
He is totally resistant.
But something’s gotta give.
I need to make changes until I find the right ones for permanent, healthy living. The changes that work long-term for me and for my family.
- I have triggers – foods I eat with the intention of only one and then devour way more than one. brownies. really, yummy, fresh from the oven bread,
- I need to track – it doesn’t matter where, WW, MFP, paper – it works!
- I do much better when I eat lots of fruits and veggies and meats.
- I do so much better with a plan that works for me. Like I have to go to the gym right after school – if I come home first, I get comfortable and then I make excuses and I then I don’t go to the gym.
- I also realize, I need consistency! I do better when I have something planned each day – I like my lifting on MWF, and I really like my Thursday, 4:45 yoga class
I think I need my own food rules.
I have no idea what they are just yet but I know they have to be MY rules – whatever works for me.
I will definitely need to track better so I know what works best for me.
I guess all of life is just one big series of trial and error and try again.
I suppose finding my healthy/happy/food/exercise/ balance is the current round of trial and error.
I can only hope to show my husband and daughter good, healthy habits.
I can really hope to inspire and encourage ALL of us to have good, healthy habits!
always an adventure on planet Jen, I tell ya!
time to head out to my WW meeting.