I knew I was gonna have a gain this week. It was an emotionally and hormonally charged week. Work was crazy (summer schedule is only one month long and the weeks go FAST) and I got my period – both of which left me wanting to eat everything in sight.
Unfortunately, I let myself do it.
The non-stop eating included pasta, bread and brownies to name a few.
I have been so good at controlling the sweet-toothed bitch that lives inside my ovaries.
We don’t need a rehashing of my transgressions….
needless to say,
I gained 1.2 pounds this week when I went to Weight Watchers.
I knew it was gonna happen.
I deserve every but of it.
I did not track. I must at least journal when I eat.
I ate a lot of crap. I had a belly ache to prove it. side note, I think something I ate is a trigger for some sort of IBS issues. I have had way too many belly ache issues lately. Journal/tracking will also help me see any patterns between foods and belly issues.
I knew I was going to gain but I went anyway.
I had an excuse to skip WW this week. My mom needed me to help her clean changeovers on Saturday when I am usually at my WW meeting. I stopped at WW for my weigh-in, knowing full well I was going to gain, on my way to my mom’s house. And then we went to clean condos for 4+hours.
Sometimes being a girl is exhausting. Emotionally draining. A sappy commercial can sting my eyes with tears. A not-what-I-wanna-hear comment from my husband can piss me off or make my cry.
And then the stupid scale reflects all the stupid non-stop eating.
This whole journey is about learning and growing. This week I learned a few things:
- I need to stay away from brownies all the time but especially during period week.
- I stay away from “bad” stuff when I eat way less wheat. So, I am going to try to keep wheat to once a day consumption at the most.
- My body and mind feel better when I yoga. I can’t believe it has taken me this long to yen for yoga. I know I need to move more, I know I feel better when I move so I know it is time for me to bite the bullet and just move more. Yoga has a way of making my frankenleg feel so good – my calf gets such a good stretch and my arch doesn’t ache if my calf is stretched enough.
- When I first started this journey, way back way, I loved walking (out on my bikepath or in my living room with my walking dvds). I think I can go right back to my walking ways. Walking can only be good. In fact, I picked up a playaway audiobook from my library to test out on my walks. I have plenty of walking dvds and there a bunch on-demand. 30 minutes, most days, I just have no excuse.
- While I have other equipment (ugi, resistance bands, kettlebells), I don’t need to do everything all at once. I am just going to concentrate on yoga and walking. I am not worried about what time of day I do either as long as I do one or both each day.
- Tomorrow is a new day. A new chance to figure out how to make it all work for me. A new day to make good choices.
I should probably go to bed.