There is still post #fitbloggin excitement and energy flowing through my veins. I am full of Jen-ness! The very best part of me that is excited and ready to take on the world feels ALIVE!
I have not been feeling so alive and that has to change. I am tired of feeling tired. I need to take care of me: my body, my mind and my soul!! I mean really, really take care of myself!
Moving My Body!!
Being gentle and kind to ME!
Oh and did I mention, I need to do ALL of these things….wait for it….consistently. If you remember (and I do say this so that I remember) I have zero follow-through when it comes to weight loss, fitness regimens, etc. I have to finish or I will just keep regaining the weight. I have to stay consistent or I will be an old lady who isn’t even old.
I have realized a few things:
- I do not have to change for anyone
- I like who I am
- I do not like how I look
- mainly, because I don’t feel like I look good. How can I feel like I look good when I am doing nothing to actually look good. (seriously, I could spend a few extra minutes on hair & make up and outfit coordination)
- it is not all about how fat I feel. I feel mushy. and my boobs suffocate me when I do certain yoga poses. and I lose my breath walking up the stairs at school.
- I want to be like my neighbors….in my 90s and still mowing my own lawn.
- I need to eat better and move more if I want to be mobile in my 90s.
- I need to be nicer to myself! I do like who I am – I am freaking awesome, I know this and now you know it too…so why do I think it is ok to beat up on myself for a few extra pounds?!?
I AM AWESOME AND I KNOW IT!!!
Most of the time.
When I am doing right – eating right, exercising, caught up at work, etc – I feel like nothing can stop me. I know the power of my awesomeness. When I am not doing right, I have a harder time believing in my awesomeness.
Enter the AwesomER Jen Challenge!!
It is a challenge for me, by me and all about me!!
While taking it all one day at a time, I am hoping to make October a month for consistency~a month of awesomeness, if you will!
- I will track my food and movements every day (I am using myfitnesspal – and I am not going to “advertise” this all over twitter and facebook, I need to do this for me – not pats on the back – kwim?!)
- I will move intentionally for 30 minutes every day
- I will say something (at least one thing) nice/positive about myself – I wanted to make this a picture thing – take a pic of myself and then say something nice but this may not always be feasible.
- I will have fun and try new things – I will join fun online challenges with my friends – thea’s journal challenge, christieo’s #squatoberfest, GrowSoulBeautiful’s October #yogaaday(I don’t instagram but I will do the poses and maybe even get pics occassionally, new recipes, new foods, etc.
- I will remember finger quote “this” un-finger quote is about progress, not perfection. I do not have to do this in any manner but my own – I will do this MY way and I will be proud of my successes….all the little ones!!
Yep, I will be awesomER by month’s end.
One small success, one baby step, one day at a time.
Next month is my one year surgery anniversary. I will not be sad and pathetic with no progress to show for that year…I just refuse.
I WILL MAKE PROGRESS!!
I will be AwesomER!