Holy Moly Holy Wow.
It has been three-or so weeks since I have blogged. I have so much going on and it is mostly all good. I have been working all my jobs and taking care of me. It has been a crazy few weeks, I need to blurt out all the random true confessions and horn toots to see it all.
- I have walked 58 days in a row.
- Just this morning, I woke up at 5:45am to get in my mile and keep my streak alive.
- I have set the goal to keep my streak going for as long as I can but also to walk one mile every day before school.
- most of my walks are #walkathome with videos from my girl Leslie Sansone.
- In June I joined a 90-day challenge – I just kept challenging myself, one day at a time.
- Without counting calories or restricting like crazy (or really at all) I lost 17 pounds.
- I joined the next 90-day challenge, this started Monday. I took pictures, and measurements weighed in. And, I will not do any of this again until day 45 and again on day 90.
- I feel like I am actually working on lifestyle changes, healthy habits for healthy living.
- I am learning more and more about myself.
- More than that, I am retaining and applying what I am learning.
- I am taking care of myself on many levels – I am taking lots of epsom salt baths, resting every chance I get, saying no to some challenges because I know they are not going to work with my schedule, asking for help more often, planning ahead, etc
- I am worried that all the progress I have made will come to a standstill because school is starting or because the weather will change and it will get darker earlier.
- I have to plan and prep because I have not been eating enough. My schedule can be crazy and when I am at the restaurant I don’t eat.
- I spent two days getting ready for school to start today. I cleaned the house and washed many loads of laundry, all of which has been neglected due to my crazy schedule. I cooked and chopped and assembled food to be at the ready in the fridge.
- I am not drinking enough water either. Between the not enough food and the not enough water, I am having headache issues.
- In August, I walked every day and my step count for the month totaled 522,166 – this is my highest number ever.
- I took my measurements last night and I am most impressed with my right calf. At the moment, my right calf is only 1/2 inch smaller than my left….this means my calf muscle is working properly and is growing. (for reference, prior to my surgery almost 3 years ago, my right calf was more than an inch smaller. it was a very visible difference in size.)
- I have not piyo-ed in weeks. I miss it. I really like that workout. I am going to get back to it this weekend. I have decided I will complete this program but I will have to do it my way. I wrote out every workout in order of the calendar provided, minus the rest days. I will simply work thru that order but when I get a chance. I will not piyo on days I teach and wait tables. I am aiming for 2-3 piyo workouts each week. It might take me 4 months to finish but I will finish.
- I am sure I could keep going, but it is getting late and I need to get ready for school and get my butt in bed. 545 is gonna come early!
Mad love and big hugs,